Most often we think something is wrong if we’re experiencing hardship or struggles, but actually it’s the opposite. In the Father’s mind it means we’re making progress, that we’re growing as sons and that we’re taking the next step in a life of destiny and promise.
Hebrews 12 offers some great encouragement about hardships. If we focus our faith on these gems, it will change our experience and enable us to access His grace:
- Hardships are not a sign that God is angry with us but evidence that He loves us. “Endure hardship as discipline…the Lord disciplines those he loves” (v6-7)
- Struggles happen in the safety and security of our sonship and the Father’s care. “God is treating you as sons” (v7)
- We are becoming more like Him, and there’s going to be a great result. “God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness… it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace” (v10-11)
- This training does a supernatural work enabling us to take the next steps in the Father’s path for our lives. “Make level paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed” (v13)
- If we keep our eyes on Jesus, He will fill us with energy and courage to make it through every challenge. “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus…consider him… so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.” (v2-3)
Pause for a moment in your struggles and meditate on these truths. Look into the Father’s eyes, see His purpose and allow His grace and love to wash over you.